By resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the Territorial Department of the Economic Security Bureau of Ukraine in the city of Kyiv and the Kyiv region was liquidated. Instead two separate units were created. One will work in the city of Kyiv the other in the Kyiv region. The separate functioning of Territorial Department will allow to organize the work of pre-trial investigation bodies even more effectively, to ensure an even load on the prosecutor's office, which supervises during the pre-trial investigation, to take into account the peculiarities of economic activity.
Thus, eight Territorial Department of the Economic Security Bureau of Ukraine will function in Ukraine. In particular, Territorial Department in Volyn, Zakarpattia, Kyiv, Kyiv region, Lviv, Odesa, Poltava, Chernivtsi.
As a reminder, the Bureau is entrusted with the task:
- identifying risk areas in the economy by analyzing structured and unstructured data;
- assessing risks and threats to the economic security of the state, developing ways to minimize and eliminate them;
- submitting proposals for amendments to regulatory legal acts to eliminate the preconditions for creating schemes of illegal activities in the economic sphere;
- ensuring the economic security of the state by preventing, detecting, suppressing, and investigating criminal offenses that affect the functioning of the state's economy;
- collecting and analyzing information on offenses affecting the economic security of the state and identifying ways to prevent their occurrence in the future;
- planning measures to counteract criminal offenses within its jurisdiction;
- detection and investigation of offenses related to the receipt and use of international technical assistance;
• drawing up analytical conclusions and recommendations for state bodies in order to increase the effectiveness of their management decisions regarding the regulation of relations in the economic sphere.