The tasks of the Economic Security Bureau of Ukraine:
1. Identification of risk areas in the economic sector by analyzing structured and unstructured data.
2. Assessment of risks and threats to the economic security of the state, development of ways to minimize and eliminate them.
3. Submission of proposals for amendments to legal acts on the elimination of conditions for the creation of schemes of illegal activity in the economic sphere.
4. Ensuring the economic security of the state by preventing, detecting, terminating, and investigating criminal offenses affecting the functioning of the state's economy.
5. Collection and analysis of information on offenses affecting the economic security of the state and determination of ways to prevent their emergence in the future.
6. Planning measures in the field of combating criminal offenses assigned by law to its jurisdiction.
7. Detection and investigation of offenses related to the receipt and use of international technical assistances.
8. Drawing up analytical conclusions and recommendations for state bodies to increase the effectiveness of their management decisions regarding the regulation of relations in the economic sphere.