The Law of Ukraine dated January 28, 2021, No.1150-IX "On the Bureau of Economic Security of Ukraine" defines the legal basis for the organization and activities of the Bureau of Economic Security of Ukraine.
In accordance with Art. 4 of the Law "On the Bureau of Economic Security of Ukraine" the main tasks of the Economic Security Bureau of Ukraine are as follows:
- identification of risk areas in the economic sector by analyzing structured and unstructured data;
- assessment of risks and threats to the economic security of the state, development of ways to minimize and eliminate them;
- submission of proposals for amending laws and regulations on the elimination of prerequisites for the appearance of schemes of illegal activities in the economic sector;
- ensuring the economic security of the state by preventing, detecting, suppressing, investigating criminal offences that infringe on the functioning of the state's economy;
- collection and analysis of information about offences affecting the economic security of the state, and determination of ways to prevent their occurrence in the future
- planning of measures in the field of counteraction to criminal offences referred by the law to its jurisdiction;
- identification and investigation of crimes related to the receipt and use of international technical assistance;
- drawing up analytical conclusions and recommendations for state bodies to increase the efficiency of their management decisions on the regulation of relations in the economic sector.